2017 Steam Show
The 2017 “Pageant of Steam” Show is now in the record book. The Officers, Directors,and Members of the Shenandoah Valley Steam and Gas Engine Association wish to thank all of the Flea Market Vendors, the Exhibitors, the many Volunteers, and the Public for making this show the success it was.
Despite the rain and poor weather this year, everyone came out and supported the Show and we surely appreciate the support!
We also want to give a special thanks to our Sponsors who support our Club and our many events each year with donated equipment and time.
- Winchester Equipment Company for the use of the Bobcat carts and forklifts.
- John Good of Dominion Motors for the place mats and the use of his billboard along I-81 to advertise our Show every year.
- Dependable Trucking for their time and use of their equipment in hauling and moving some of our Club’s Steam Engines and equipment.
- VA Tractor and Equipment of Winchester, VA.
- Jeff Payne of TPI Container Service of Marshall, VA for the garbage dumpster.
- We thank each and every one of these fine companies for their support!
Visitors to our 2017 “Pageant of Steam” Show saw some muddy paths and walkways but everyone seemed to have fun and enjoy themselves. While we had to postpone our Friday night Antique Tractor Pull and our Saturday Parade of Power due to the mud, many people still found lots to see and enjoy. The track dried out enough late Saturday to have the Horse Pull and as usual, we had an awesome Bluegrass Band following the horse pull.
Due to the rain and having to postpone the Friday night Antique Tractor pull as well as the Parade of Power, the track dried out enough by Sunday that we could put on the Parade of Power Show.
The tractor pull was canceled following an equipment malfunction.
Again, we want to thank EVERYONE for their help and support in making our annual “Parade of Power” Show successful. Thanks for coming to your Show!